Home
Download
Purchase
Forum
Site Map
F.A.Q.
Support
About Us
Home » VideoCharge » VideoCharge Support » Resize Settings?
Resize Settings? [message #1016] Sat, 08 July 2017 04:58 Go to next message
tbdave  is currently offline tbdave
What's the best resize setting? I tend to use Stretch and Bicubic. But I was wondering if any of the other settings are better?

Thanks.
Re: Resize Settings? [message #1019 is a reply to message #1016 ] Tue, 11 July 2017 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd appreciate it if anyone has some input.

I take it that Bicubic is better than Nearest Neighbor. But is Lanczos8 better than Bicubic? How about Hann?

Thanks.
Re: Resize Settings? [message #1028 is a reply to message #1016 ] Sat, 15 July 2017 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello? Hello?

Anyone? Anyone?

Echo! Echo!

Confused
Re: Resize Settings? [message #1031 is a reply to message #1016 ] Fri, 21 July 2017 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Am I in the right place?

Is there another VideoCharge support forum?
Re: Resize Settings? [message #1034 is a reply to message #1016 ] Sun, 23 July 2017 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
admin  is currently offline admin
Administrator
Hi.

These algorithms are different by the productivity. "Neaerest neighbor" is the quickest, it uses only one point for resizing, whereas "Bilinear" – 4 points, "Bicubic" – 16 points; Lanczos also uses 16 points.
Depending on tasks, for speeding up resizing process you can chose appropriate algorithm. For example, in case of resizing to a very small size it’s advisable to use Lanczos, to a medium size – Bilinear would be enough.

Hann: It is similar to Lanczos algorithm with as little differences in realization.
Lanz8 is the most powerful resizing algorithm, but it is slower and uses 64 points.

Regards,
Videocharge Team.
Re: Resize Settings? [message #1035 is a reply to message #1016 ] Mon, 24 July 2017 02:21 Go to previous message
Thanks for your help. That's exactly what I needed to know.

Dave
Previous Topic:VideoCharge is not working on Vista
Next Topic:File size massive after process
Go to Forum:

Current Time: Mon Oct 21 10:39:15 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00387 seconds
.:: Contact :: Main site ::.