Forum
Site Map
F.A.Q.
Support
About Us
Home » VideoCharge » VideoCharge Support » AVI Crashes Program
AVI Crashes Program [message #1248] Fri, 23 March 2018 19:01 Go to next message
terrace_29  is currently offline terrace_29
I've just started using Videocharge, I've converted one file thus far and had a few success' when I was using the trial version. However my problem now is that I'm trying to 'add file' which in this case is an AVI file around the size of 780MB. The instant I try to import the AVI file, the entire program crashes, error: 'videocharge encoutnered a problem and had to close'.

So far the program doesn't like AVI files, any thoughts?

Thank you,

terrace_29

[Updated on: Mon, 23 March 2009 21:18]

Re: AVI Crashes Program [message #1249 is a reply to message #1248 ] Sat, 24 March 2018 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
admin  is currently offline admin
Administrator
Hi.

These problems often occur because codecs problem.
We suggest you to install K-Lite codec pack.
be sure that you may play this file in Windows Media Player correctly.

Also we recommend you to try our new product - Videocharge Studio.

Regards,
Videocharge Team.
Re: AVI Crashes Program [message #1250 is a reply to message #1249 ] Sat, 24 March 2018 16:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you very much for your reply, that would stand to reason, on occasion I edit in my Mac program then transfer to PC. I will download the K-Lite codec pack, does it work as a plug in for VC?

Also, Videocharge Studio is what I've purchased, I do believe as I'm not at my home comp now. But I will gladly upgrade if need be.

Thanks again for your help...

terrace_29

admin wrote on Tue, 24 March 2009 11:26

Hi.
These problems often occur because codecs problem.
We suggest you to install K-Lite codec pack.
be sure that you may play this file in Windows Media Player correctly.

Also we recommend you to try our new product - Videocharge Studio.

Regards,
Videocharge Team.

Re: AVI Crashes Program [message #1251 is a reply to message #1248 ] Sun, 25 March 2018 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Hi.

K-Lite codec pack is system number of sodecs for decoding (including playing) video files. Videocharge also use it, but it is not any part of Videocharge.

Regards,
Videocharge Team.
Re: AVI Crashes Program [message #1254 is a reply to message #1251 ] Mon, 26 March 2018 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay, so I've downloaded the k lite pack, now what? My video charge studio still chrashes after I add files. I add file then when I try to hit the file my program crashes, what am I supposed to do with k lite, it appears simply to be a player...
Re: AVI Crashes Program [message #1256 is a reply to message #1248 ] Tue, 27 March 2018 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Hi.

What OS do you use?
Please, send us the screen shot of the crash and upload your source video file to our FTP server.
(We have sent you this info by email)

Thanks.
Videocharge Team.
Re: AVI Crashes Program [message #1258 is a reply to message #1256 ] Tue, 27 March 2018 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Windows XP Home, I sent a screen shot. Thanks for the reply, hope this can be resolved...
Re: AVI Crashes Program [message #1261 is a reply to message #1248 ] Fri, 30 March 2018 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Hi.

1) We don’t see the place of the crash 
Please, press “report” button and re-send the screen shot again.

2) Please, send also step-by-step instructions for duplication the problem.

3) Also try reinstall the application from our site.

Regards,
Videocharge Team.

[Updated on: Fri, 08 January 2010 09:46]

Re: AVI Crashes Program [message #1262 is a reply to message #1261 ] Fri, 30 March 2018 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I 'add files', the file appears in the work space window, I click on the file to activate it in the preview screen, then the program crashes. I'm just getting a standard windows crash report screen, but it crashes each and every time.

Probably best that I re-install your program...

Also, when you recommended the k-lite codec pack for this problem, how was I supposed to use that to fix the AVI file? I played the file in the player, then saved it from there, but when I tried to move it into video charge, I had the same occurance. Clearly I'm missing the point of that, though I like the player, how do I use that for this problem?
Re: AVI Crashes Program [message #1263 is a reply to message #1248 ] Fri, 30 March 2018 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Hi.

Videocharge uses video codecs installed on your PC for working with AVI files.
This codecs may have any problems.
We suggest you most stable codec pack.

Also we can research your source video file for possible problems.

Regards,
Videocharge Team.
Re: AVI Crashes Program [message #1267 is a reply to message #1263 ] Fri, 06 April 2018 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unfortunately, this issue went unresolved. I'll simply have to convert the original source file and try again, my only thinking is that the file size was too large, over 900MB.

I'm also experiencing other crashes and freezes, I re-installed the program as you suggested, it just seems unstable and unreliable. I do not have these problems with other programs I use, it's unfortunate this isn't serving me very well...

I appreciate your prompt attention however
Re: AVI Crashes Program [message #1268 is a reply to message #1248 ] Fri, 06 April 2018 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Hi.

We are working on resolving this problem.
Please, wait for 1-2 days.

Regards,
Videocharge Team.

[Updated on: Fri, 08 January 2010 09:46]

Re: AVI Crashes Program [message #1269 is a reply to message #1268 ] Fri, 06 April 2018 16:33 Go to previous message
Gracias, your prompt replies are appreciated...
Previous Topic:VideoCharge hangs at 0%
Next Topic:VideoCharge 3.17 closes itself
Go to Forum:

Current Time: Fri Oct 18 15:33:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00488 seconds
.:: Contact :: Main site ::.