Download
Purchase
Forum
Site Map
F.A.Q.
Support
About Us
Home » VideoCharge » VideoCharge Features Requests » Extra Features
icon3.gif  Extra Features [message #332] Fri, 28 August 2015 04:18 Go to next message
imp.lew  is currently offline imp.lew
Hey,

I have sent these following suggestions of to the Video Charge support, but I wanted to add them here to see if anybody else was keen on the idea and to tell me what they thought. This is brief description of some key features which would significantly help in the editing of media content using this program.

Video Charge as a whole has a lot of potential and is a great program. I have experienced bugs and sent off the error reports and uploaded the needed files to Video Charge's ftp site, so thanks to the VC team.

'Watch Folder' capability, very much like that of Discreet's
product Cleaner XL, which basically 'watches' a folder, if new media files are added, then the program automatically adds this file to the cue of encoding, in this case, the splitting batch. If this is at all possible, then the other function would be just an improvement on the 'set thumbnails creation'. If this function could create full screen size good quality images from the files then that would be fabulous. Since getting quality screen shots from avi/mpg might not output the best quality image, possibly support for using this feature straight from a .vob file (dvd file). And the last function I thought would be beneficial is that VideoCharge could split straight from a vob file and encode either into avi or mpg (or any other format) using an automatic scene change detection function that would split the vob file into scenes.

Thanks heaps VC support team, I look frward to the future release's.

Reagrds,

Lewis

Lewis
Internet Media Productions
Re: Extra Features [message #335 is a reply to message #332 ] Fri, 28 August 2015 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Videocharge Support  is currently offline Videocharge Support
imp.lew wrote on Mon, 28 August 2006 00:18

Hey,

I have sent these following suggestions of to the Video Charge support, but I wanted to add them here to see if anybody else was keen on the idea and to tell me what they thought. This is brief description of some key features which would significantly help in the editing of media content using this program.

Video Charge as a whole has a lot of potential and is a great program. I have experienced bugs and sent off the error reports and uploaded the needed files to Video Charge's ftp site, so thanks to the VC team.

'Watch Folder' capability, very much like that of Discreet's
product Cleaner XL, which basically 'watches' a folder, if new media files are added, then the program automatically adds this file to the cue of encoding, in this case, the splitting batch. If this is at all possible, then the other function would be just an improvement on the 'set thumbnails creation'. If this function could create full screen size good quality images from the files then that would be fabulous. Since getting quality screen shots from avi/mpg might not output the best quality image, possibly support for using this feature straight from a .vob file (dvd file). And the last function I thought would be beneficial is that VideoCharge could split straight from a vob file and encode either into avi or mpg (or any other format) using an automatic scene change detection function that would split the vob file into scenes.

Thanks heaps VC support team, I look frward to the future release's.

Reagrds,

Lewis

Thank you for the suggestions! We'll certainly consider implementing "Watch Folder" feature.
But could you explain in more detail other two requests on account of splitting VOB files and creating full-screen images? What exactly do you want VideoCharge to be able to do?
Re: Extra Features [message #338 is a reply to message #335 ] Sat, 29 August 2015 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
VC,

Splitting VOB option, using the split function in Video Charge, to be able to import VOB files (which takes some time to do and I have never got it to work properly, but I assume that was because of my settings) and be able to use VC to automatically determine where a scene starts and finishes, (I have heard this function explained as a program searching for transitions and fades and so forth in order to do this) and encode them into avi or any other format. So as an output, VC imports the VOB file, can scan for scene changes and split the VOB file into scenes and encode those scenes into AVI as the output. I hope this helps with the explanation for this feature.

As with the above, the making full screen images, the option for thumbnail images already exists with the current VC as one of the last options if using the wizard to split a media file. If with this function, VC could create more clearer/better quality images at a larger size, so for instance, import a VOB file, set a timer to take an image every 4 seconds, and VC takes an image (screen shot) every 4 seconds as the same dimensions as the video, so the dimensions of the outputted image could be 1024 x 768. Possibly with this as well, if VC is set to split an MPG file every 20 seconds and takes a screen shot of the first (or best frame in every split clip), and outputs it like it currently does with thumbnail creation, but making the images better quality. I have heard of an algorhythm for this process, where the program takes a frame and merges the frames either side of it to enhance the quality of the image. I am not to sure if that is possible but would be great to be able to get greater quality images. I understand it also depends on the quality of the VOB or MPG file being used in order to achieve a quality image to work from.

I hope this helps in the explanation of my suggestions. Thanks again VC support for you speedy response and continualy providing great technical support and help. It's great that your open to suggestions and improvements with your product, in my opinion, this has created a great customer to company relationship and I will continue to use and support VC as a great product. Thanks again.

Regards,

Lewis Thornton

[Updated on: Tue, 29 August 2006 06:35]

Lewis
Re: Extra Features [message #340 is a reply to message #332 ] Sun, 30 August 2015 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
admin  is currently offline admin
Administrator
But VideoCharge includes "Split by Scene" type of split.

Don't you like it for some reason?

Creation of full-size thumbnails (screenshots) is possible as well, for that you need just to turn off Resize option... Have you tried that?
Re: Extra Features [message #341 is a reply to message #340 ] Mon, 31 August 2015 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey mate,

I do like the split by scene function but it has never worked with .vob files for me at all, the program halts for a long period of time and eventualy just ends up not responding and closes. As well as trying the thumbnails with having the resize option turned off, doesn't seem to work either, program halts when it gets to creating the images and eventually closes. If i use the resize then it seems to work fine but that only allows me to get smaller quality images, still with the images looking granulated. I have tried putting larger attributes as the settings for the resize function as well but the images don't seem to get any better. Don't get me wrong, VC is has some great potential, and I like the program itself, this was just an idea to try and get the images improved. Thanks mate, if you have any ideas or other ways in which can help me with my desired out come, please feel free to emial me at lewis@internetmediapro.com

Regards,

Lewis

[Updated on: Thu, 31 August 2006 02:00]

Lewis
Re: Extra Features [message #344 is a reply to message #341 ] Mon, 31 August 2015 10:50 Go to previous message
Videocharge Support  is currently offline Videocharge Support
E-mail is sent.
Previous Topic:Don't save config on exit
Next Topic:Help Needed ... www.videocharge.com/forum
Go to Forum:

Current Time: Sat Oct 19 14:27:56 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00748 seconds
.:: Contact :: Main site ::.