Home
Download
Purchase
Forum
Site Map
F.A.Q.
Support
About Us
Home » VideoCharge » VideoCharge Support » Encoding videos for blackberry & other smartphones
Encoding videos for blackberry & other smartphones [message #1689] Fri, 05 July 2019 01:05 Go to next message
Kalko  is currently offline Kalko
I've been trying to convert a video so that it would play on my blackberry (I got blackberry tour 9630).

I spent hours trying to convert to .mp4 .3gp .mpg .avi , etc, but nothing is working.

The closest I got was to get the audio working, i did that when converting to .mp4 format, but video won't work.

What I do is convert the video, upload it to my server, and then use the blackberry browser and point to my website video, for example - www.mysite.com/testvid.mp4

Sometimes it asks me whether to play the video, so I say yes, but then I get the "Unsupported format" error message... When I was using the .3gp format, the blackberry didn't seem to recognize as it opened the video format in the form of a text...

Another problem I had is that I had to make the video very small, otherwise I got the "file too large" error message from my blackerry.

Perhaps I shoud be embedding the video in a website, and then calling it from player embedded in a webpage, and not the video directly?

What exact settings should I use to convert a video so it would work on a blackberry? .mp4 .mpg? Does someone know all the exact details? (bit rate, frame, codec, etc?)

[Updated on: Mon, 05 July 2010 01:07]

Re: Encoding videos for blackberry & other smartphones [message #1691 is a reply to message #1689 ] Fri, 05 July 2019 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
admin  is currently offline admin
Administrator
Hi.

We doesn't support blackberry directly.
Do you use Videocharge Studio?

Could you, please, send us any video that blackberry plays OK with the same format. We will compare it with video produced by our product and inform you about the result.

Regards,
Videocharge Team.

Re: Encoding videos for blackberry & other smartphones [message #1693 is a reply to message #1691 ] Sat, 06 July 2019 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kalko  is currently offline Kalko
I'm using the videocharge full version.

All the videos on youtube work fine, they load fast, the everything is smooth. I just go to youtube.com on my blackberry, and I can watch and listen to all the videos without a problem.

It looks like the youtube videos for mobile are all in .3gp format - http://m.youtube.com

I'm trying to convert my videos into the same format as on youtube, and want my videos to play the same way.

[Updated on: Tue, 06 July 2010 16:07]

Re: Encoding videos for blackberry & other smartphones [message #1698 is a reply to message #1689 ] Tue, 09 July 2019 12:43 Go to previous message
admin  is currently offline admin
Administrator
Hi.

We can't download any video from http://m.youtube.com Sad
Could you, pleasem upload several samples somewhere? or send it for us by email?

Thanks.
Videocharge Team.
Previous Topic:Thumbnail and .IFO Problems
Next Topic:No combination of intermediate filters could be found to make the connection
Go to Forum:

Current Time: Sun Oct 20 11:03:26 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00520 seconds
.:: Contact :: Main site ::.