Download
Purchase
Forum
Site Map
F.A.Q.
Support
About Us
Home » VideoCharge » VideoCharge Support » Video express won't launch
Video express won't launch [message #435] Wed, 25 November 2015 04:11 Go to next message
essog  is currently offline essog
Every time I open VC it shows the startup screen then vanishes. I notice it's running in the task manager though.

This is a new problem. Not sure if anyone has any answers
Re: Video express won't launch [message #436 is a reply to message #435 ] Wed, 25 November 2015 17:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crisis averted, I tried trashing my config files and it came up Smile
Re: Video express won't launch [message #440 is a reply to message #436 ] Sun, 29 November 2015 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Videocharge Support  is currently offline Videocharge Support
Removing/replacing the most recent config file usually resolves the problem. But we'd much appreciate sending us the problematic config file (before removing) in such cases.
Re: Video express won't launch [message #441 is a reply to message #435 ] Sun, 29 November 2015 17:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know what the issue is because I have been coming across many issues like this.

IF you have a config file where the first file has been removed (I use removable storage devices) and try to open VC it will not load because it appears to go into an endless loop looking for a nonexistent first video.

I hope that helps.

My only issue now is that every time I have batches of over 100 clips the program freezes quite often in mid batch (I am usin9g the split by time feature mostly), this happens with all kinds of movie formats. I could send you config files but it won't help because it happens to fresh configs every day. I have to babysit the app.

My company encodes video in large volumes using a render farm. Our chapter cutting needs are very extensive and your program allows for easy config file creation via xml. If you could fix this freezing issue or create a more robust "Enterprise" Edition that cost more but handled more I would pay. Smile

Your application is outstanding, I can't live without it even with it's flaws.
Re: Video express won't launch [message #446 is a reply to message #441 ] Tue, 01 December 2015 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
essog wrote on Wed, 29 November 2006 12:37

I know what the issue is because I have been coming across many issues like this.

IF you have a config file where the first file has been removed (I use removable storage devices) and try to open VC it will not load because it appears to go into an endless loop looking for a nonexistent first video.

I hope that helps.

Thank you very much for the information! We'll check it up and fix the problem.

essog wrote on Wed, 29 November 2006 12:37

My only issue now is that every time I have batches of over 100 clips the program freezes quite often in mid batch (I am usin9g the split by time feature mostly), this happens with all kinds of movie formats. I could send you config files but it won't help because it happens to fresh configs every day. I have to babysit the app.

This problem is more complicated, so please contact us via e-mail support@videocharge.com.
We need more information on the problem. Note the file on which VideoCharge freezes and then try to process that file separately. If VideoCharge freeze on it, please upload it to our server along with corresponding config file.

Re: Video express won't launch [message #449 is a reply to message #435 ] Tue, 01 December 2015 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The freezing is not on specific files (except certain MPEGs)

The freezing happens after the app has split a bunch of files. I think it runs out of memory (I have 3 gigs of ram)

I can remove the movies processed from the profile and it continues until crashing again.

The file it crashed on will process the 2nd time just fine.
Re: Video express won't launch [message #450 is a reply to message #449 ] Fri, 04 December 2015 14:10 Go to previous message
Please contact us via e-mail support@videocharge.com
Previous Topic:Videocharge DVD ripper 78% for 6 hours
Next Topic:Config File question
Go to Forum:

Current Time: Fri Oct 18 20:20:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00459 seconds
.:: Contact :: Main site ::.