Forum
Site Map
F.A.Q.
Support
About Us
Home » VideoCharge » VideoCharge Features Requests » MJPEG rotation
MJPEG rotation [message #193] Thu, 23 April 2015 22:06 Go to next message
Frozen Fire  is currently offline Frozen Fire
I'd like to see lossless MJPEG rotation (w/o recompression) in VC. I'm not sure if it's possible, but lossless JPEG rotation is quite common. This feature will be very handy for many digicam owners. I don't know any other product supporting this, so VC can be unique in this.

[Updated on: Sun, 23 April 2006 22:07]

Re: MJPEG rotation [message #195 is a reply to message #193 ] Sun, 26 April 2015 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Videocharge Support  is currently offline Videocharge Support
Frozen Fire wrote on Sun, 23 April 2006 18:06

I'd like to see lossless MJPEG rotation (w/o recompression) in VC. I'm not sure if it's possible, but lossless JPEG rotation is quite common. This feature will be very handy for many digicam owners. I don't know any other product supporting this, so VC can be unique in this.

Thank you for the suggestion!
We'll discuss it and probably include it in our list of scheduled features.
Re: MJPEG rotation [message #1090 is a reply to message #193 ] Tue, 10 October 2017 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ganster  is currently offline ganster
Hello
I strongly support Frozen Fire, the feature would be great!

Here they say it's possible:
http://forum.videohelp.com/topic353324.html
Re: MJPEG rotation [message #1091 is a reply to message #193 ] Wed, 11 October 2017 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ganster  is currently offline ganster
OK, seems like it's not possible
http://forums.virtualdub.org/index.php?act=ST&f=5&t= 4796
http://forums.virtualdub.org/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t= 8369
Re: MJPEG rotation [message #1096 is a reply to message #193 ] Fri, 13 October 2017 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
admin  is currently offline admin
Administrator
Hi.

1) You may use Watermark Master for rotation action.

2) Rotation without re-compression is available only for 180 degree. For all other cases recomepression is required.

Regards,
Videocharge Team.
Re: MJPEG rotation [message #1278 is a reply to message #1096 ] Mon, 16 April 2018 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a1s2  is currently offline a1s2
Hi,
I downloaded the trial version of Watermark Master to try out your suggestion - I have just the right material MJPEG AVI videos from my Canon camera recorded upside down.

Into Watermark Master's video space, I dragged in my AVI file - it was revealed to me that the codec used in the file was Pinnacle ReelTime MJPEG Codec (gpjm.
I then selected Rotate->Rotate by 180 Degrees.

Afterwards I decided to save my rotated file under a new file name and the only option I found was to "Process File".

There, in the dialog, I chose (it was already chosen) the Output Format to be "Not to change Original Format File", so I said go, and instead of a quick process I got a lengthy one with XVid codec GUI dialog come up (just the same way it does when I try to compress my videos using XVid codec.
The resultant output was larger in size than the original and of worse quality.

So, it doesn't appear that Watermark Master allows lossless rotation when using 180 degrees.

Or did I do something wrong?

Thanks,
a1
Re: MJPEG rotation [message #1280 is a reply to message #193 ] Tue, 17 April 2018 08:45 Go to previous message
admin  is currently offline admin
Administrator
Hi.

1) We suggest you to try to set output format manually directly - AVI and all other settings.

2) Please, upload your source video file and the config-file to our FTP server. (we have sent you our data by email).

Regards,
Videocharge Team.

[Updated on: Fri, 08 January 2010 14:03]

Previous Topic:Any way to split audio and video?
Next Topic:VideoCharge Studio: Window reset
Go to Forum:

Current Time: Fri Oct 18 23:26:52 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00409 seconds
.:: Contact :: Main site ::.