Home
Download
Purchase
Forum
Site Map
F.A.Q.
Support
About Us
Home » VideoCharge » VideoCharge Support » How Do I Maximize Video Quality?
How Do I Maximize Video Quality? [message #99] Tue, 03 February 2015 03:52 Go to next message
conkled  is currently offline conkled
I plan on using VideoCharge to crop and add watermarks to a batch of WMV videos. How do I configure VideoCharge to maximize the output quality of the videos I am processing?

Are certain codecs better quality than others?

[Updated on: Fri, 03 February 2006 04:22]

Re: How Do I Maximize Video Quality? [message #100 is a reply to message #99 ] Tue, 03 February 2015 12:17 Go to previous message
Videocharge Support  is currently offline Videocharge Support
conkled wrote on Thu, 02 February 2006 22:52

I plan on using VideoCharge to crop and add watermarks to a batch of WMV videos. How do I configure VideoCharge to maximize the output quality of the videos I am processing?

Are certain codecs better quality than others?

We recommend to use Windows Media 9 codec.
As for the maximum output quality - it's hard to give you a well-defined answer. E.g you may try CBR encoding mode with high bit rate value (but the higher bit rate, the larger file size); Quality VBR enables you to specify a level of quality instead of bit rate, but there's no way to predict size of the encoded video before encoding; using Unconstrained and Constrained VBR, you may specify the average bit rate value, then the codec will encode so that the quality is as high as possible while maintaining the average.

Probably you should experiment a little with modes and bit rate/quality values to find your own optimal configuration.

[Updated on: Fri, 03 February 2006 12:18]

Previous Topic:Watermark Question
Next Topic:Thumbnails per percentage of video
Go to Forum:

Current Time: Wed Oct 23 00:41:56 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00598 seconds
.:: Contact :: Main site ::.