Forum
Site Map
F.A.Q.
Support
About Us
Home » VideoCharge » VideoCharge Support » Reducing File Size
Reducing File Size [message #1272] Sat, 14 April 2018 05:30 Go to next message
BillG  is currently offline BillG
I'm thrilled to find Watermark Master (WM), but I'm a little surprised at it's performance.

I need to convert an 11Meg .wmv file to an .flv file, with a watermark.

I used a free .flv converter program, with text watermark, and it created a 9.4Meg .flv file.

But when I used Watermark Master, it created an outrageously HUGE 54Meg file - waaaay too large for web use. And the quality appears to be exactly the same as the 9.4Meg file!

I read the WM help section on resampling, but I could find no information on optimizing file size.

I've used Watermark Master less than a day and already I'm dissapointed that a free program outperforms WM.

Is there any information at all on reducing file size while keeping some quality? I would at least appreciate an understanding of how the resampling methods affect file size.

Re: Reducing File Size [message #1273 is a reply to message #1272 ] Sat, 14 April 2018 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
admin  is currently offline admin
Administrator
Hi.

You should only set corresponded video and audio bit-rates for it.

Regards,
Videocharge Team.
Re: Reducing File Size [message #1274 is a reply to message #1273 ] Sat, 14 April 2018 17:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
admin wrote on Tue, 14 April 2009 07:51

Hi.

You should only set corresponded video and audio bit-rates for it.

Regards,
Videocharge Team.

Thank you for your quick reply.

I'm not sure I understand - what are "corresponded video and audio bit-rates"?

Re: Reducing File Size [message #1275 is a reply to message #1272 ] Sun, 15 April 2018 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Hi.

The main parameter that influences on size of output file is bit-rate.
The bigger bit-rate value - the bigger output file size and better quality and vice versa.

Regards,
Videocharge Team.

[Updated on: Fri, 08 January 2010 09:29]

Re: Reducing File Size [message #1279 is a reply to message #1272 ] Mon, 16 April 2018 16:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you. File size can also be very, very small if you set keyframes (I-frames).

Can Watermark Master set keyframes on the generated videos?
Re: Reducing File Size [message #1281 is a reply to message #1272 ] Tue, 17 April 2018 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Hi.

Unfortunately Watermark Master doesn't have such option.
We highly recommend to use our new product Videocharge Studio.
It has all abilities that Watermark Master has + set KeyFrames
+ many other useful features.

Regards,
Videocharge Team.

[Updated on: Fri, 08 January 2010 09:29]

Re: Reducing File Size [message #1284 is a reply to message #1281 ] Tue, 17 April 2018 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow... Videocharge Studio looks very powerful.

Does iVideocharge Studio have the same watermarking capabilities as Watermark Master?

Also, I see the download page, but can I try Videocharge Studio for a demo period?

BTW, I had to uninstall Watermark Master before completely testing it. I installed WM with the shell option, and it screwed up the PATH variable on WinXP Pro SP3.

THANKS!!!
Re: Reducing File Size [message #1290 is a reply to message #1272 ] Fri, 20 April 2018 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Hi.

Yes. Videocharge Studio has all abilities from Watermark Master + many new features including montage and creating html pages with videos.

Also we will release new version soon with more advanced functionality for watermarks.

Regards,
Videocharge Team.
Re: Reducing File Size [message #1314 is a reply to message #1272 ] Wed, 16 May 2018 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
informativos  is currently offline informativos
I agree with BillG about file size... seems Watermark master creates big ones!! We tried to reduce frame size 50% but we only save 5% - 10% of the full file size (very little in fact, it doesn´t compensate the effort)

Anyway... I see there´s tendency to change to Video Studio... any advantage to Watermark Master registered users? Very Happy

Thanks in advantage

JAE
Content Manager
Informativos.Net
Re: Reducing File Size [message #1316 is a reply to message #1272 ] Fri, 18 May 2018 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Hi.

Please, contact support@videocharge.com directly for it.

Regards,
Videocharge Team.
Re: Reducing File Size [message #1317 is a reply to message #1273 ] Fri, 18 May 2018 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What for? file size or register user advantage? Confused
Re: Reducing File Size [message #1319 is a reply to message #1272 ] Sat, 19 May 2018 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Hi.

1) We provide 30% discount for Videocharge Studio for our current customers. Please, ask support@videocharge.com for coupon code.

2) The size of output video file depends from bit-rate parameter only. You should choose corresponded video bit-rate.

Regards,
Videocharge Team.
Re: Reducing File Size [message #1320 is a reply to message #1319 ] Sat, 19 May 2018 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks!!

That explains why all our attempts to reduce file size, like a logic frame reduction at 50%, where giving the same file size at the end Confused

Any bit rate suggestion? 400, 500... 800 kbs. Have someone found a good balance (size/quality)?
Re: Reducing File Size [message #1323 is a reply to message #1272 ] Sun, 20 May 2018 07:34 Go to previous message
Administrator
Hi.

You have to designate for yourself what file you want to get. It’s simple: if file size is bigger - the quality is higher
(but it will never be better than the original). For this bitrate is setting.

Bitrate as usually sets in kilobytes, i.e, setting 400, you’ll get on exit (if you work with 10 sec movie):
10 * (400 / * 1024 = 512000 bytes (nearly).

To make quality better with small bitrate several methods are available:

1) Two pass encoding. It’ll allow to distribute bytes in file and will give better quality, but the time of coding will redouble.

2) Important Keyframe - dominant frame coding without information about fore frames therefore it have big size, if their quantity less than the quality will be better. But don’t make them too big, first of all in a few places it is inserting automatically, secondly the bigger it is the slower the navigation on file will be, for example transfer to middle of file will take some time.

If you interested in come out size - try it on small movie until you will be satisfyed. Very big bitrate also cannot be always used. Cause for a few codecs, upper border of possible bitrate is limited. For example for MPEG-1 don’t set more than 1500kbits

Regards.
Videocharge Team.

[Updated on: Fri, 08 January 2010 09:34]

Previous Topic:How to extend timeline?
Next Topic:Run Time Erro
Go to Forum:

Current Time: Fri Oct 18 20:32:50 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00460 seconds
.:: Contact :: Main site ::.