Download
Purchase
Forum
Site Map
F.A.Q.
Support
About Us
Home » VideoCharge » VideoCharge Support » Crash when adding DVD
Crash when adding DVD [message #784] Tue, 10 January 2017 03:19 Go to next message
nigel.hughes@gmx.de  is currently offline nigel.hughes@gmx.de
Hi,

I am trying to rip the audio from the Pirates of the Carribean, The Curse of the Black Pearl video. However everytime I try to add the video the program crashes. Does anybody know a solution to this? Attached is the crash report.

Cheers,
Nigel.

Re: Crash when adding DVD [message #786 is a reply to message #784 ] Tue, 10 January 2017 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Videocharge Support  is currently offline Videocharge Support
Does the program crash when adding separate VOB or IFO files instead of a whole DVD?
Re: Crash when adding DVD [message #788 is a reply to message #786 ] Wed, 11 January 2017 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK. Hadn't tried (didn't know about) adding the files seperately. Just tried using the Add Files button. Didn't show any VOB files but did show 12 IFO files. The VIDEO_TS.IFO file gives the error (on the right side of the preview area) Unknown file format. All the other files are named similarly VTS_01_0.IFO up to VTS_11_0.IFO. When I tried to view the VTS_01_0.IFO and VTS_05_0.IFO files the program crashed (with the attached crash log). When I tried to view the VTS_02_0.IFO file the above error was given. I tried a second time to preview the VTS_01_00.IFO and VTS_05_0.IFO files and instead of crashing the program just kept displaying it was opening the files without actually ever doing it. Not sure how to add VOB files. If you think this is worth doing can you please tell me how to do it.

Cheers,
Nigel.

ps. I only have the VideoCharge Basic software

Re: Crash when adding DVD [message #789 is a reply to message #788 ] Fri, 13 January 2017 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for the information!

That's right, adding files separately means using "Add Files" button rather than "Add DVD" one.

To see the VOB files stored on your DVD disk, in the Open Media File dialog select "MPEG-2" instead of "All supported formats". This is a temporary inconvenience; we'll certainly make the VOB files visible for "All supported formats".

Please let us know about the results of adding VOB files.

[Updated on: Mon, 14 January 2008 13:48]

Re: Crash when adding DVD [message #790 is a reply to message #789 ] Fri, 13 January 2017 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheers for getting back to me. Yeah, just tried accessing the VOB files and got the errors: "Could not obtain pictures. Could not find a decoder." (displayed in the preview area) for all 29 of the VOB files in the VIDEO_TS folder (and no software crashes).
I thought I would try to rip the audio anyway and while the process seemed to be working I am guessing it wasn't as there was no disk or CPU activity. Also the "Processing window" gave 1 error and 1 warning:
For single mode you cannot use <source> frame size value, this value is changed to frame size of the first movie in a query
The media source doesn't contain a valid audio stream

Any more suggestions?

Cheers,
Nigel.
Re: Crash when adding DVD [message #792 is a reply to message #790 ] Fri, 13 January 2017 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Could you please upload one of your VOB files to our server? Check your PM for coordinates.
Re: Crash when adding DVD [message #795 is a reply to message #792 ] Sat, 14 January 2017 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When I cut and paste the server address into a browser address bar I get the error:

You are not authorized to view this page
You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please try to contact the Web site by using any e-mail address or phone number that may be listed on the 38.113.216.160 home page.

You can click Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
Internet Explorer

I have had this problem previously trying to access the VideoCharge server. Assuming that this is not a general problem that everyone has I have just Googled from over an hour trying to find what settings I need to change on my computer. However I have come up dry with the only consistent reason being given for this error is that the website that is being attempted to being reached does not have a homepage that ends in index.htm or index.html. Anyhow not being able to access you server I have attached one of the (smaller) VOB files to this message. Perchance you know the reason I cannot access your server I would be very interested to know.

Cheers again,
Nigel.

• Attachment: VIDEO_TS.VOB
    (Size: 358.00KB, Downloaded 2307 time(s))

Re: Crash when adding DVD [message #797 is a reply to message #795 ] Sat, 14 January 2017 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's a FTP server, therefore we recommend you to make use of a program that includes FTP client, for example FAR, Total Commander or some other file manager.

We need you to upload a .vob file that includes some video information. Unfortunately, the attached file does not include any. Besides, before uploading a file, please check whether the file cannot be properly opened and played with VideoCharge.

[Updated on: Tue, 15 January 2008 14:11]

Re: Crash when adding DVD [message #810 is a reply to message #797 ] Wed, 18 January 2017 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK. I've uploaded another VOB. I've created a folder Pirates_Carribean and stuck it in there. Sorry about the delay. As I might be running a bit close to the wind with my isp usage limit I've chosen one of the smaller ones again, though this time one that didn't end in _TS. If this doesn't contain the information you need to progress please make a suggestion if there is a way that I can know which VOB will contain the information you need.

Cheers again,
Nigel.
Re: Crash when adding DVD [message #814 is a reply to message #784 ] Sat, 28 January 2017 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
admin  is currently offline admin
Administrator
Hi.

Big thanks, but this video is too small and works ok Sad
Could you, please, upload any VOB file (or part of it) with at least 20-30Mb in size?

Thanks.
Videocharge Team.
Re: Crash when adding DVD [message #815 is a reply to message #814 ] Sat, 28 January 2017 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, I've already used up 99% of my internet bandwidth for the month. I'll will upload something on or after 2/2/08/

Sorry,
Nigel.
Re: Crash when adding DVD [message #821 is a reply to message #814 ] Fri, 03 February 2017 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK, I've stuck the 95MB VTS_01_0.VOB in the Pirates_Carribean folder now. Please let me know how you go with testing this.

Cheers,
Nigel.
Re: Crash when adding DVD [message #824 is a reply to message #784 ] Sat, 04 February 2017 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Hi.

Your file works OK on our computers.
Did you try to play in Videocharge exactly this file?
What version of Videocharge do you use?
Please install last version from our site.
And what OS do you use?

Thanks.
Videocharge Team.
Re: Crash when adding DVD [message #827 is a reply to message #824 ] Sat, 04 February 2017 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

thanks for getting back to me so quickly. You know, it all works on my computer too now! Confused I am a little confused at why it does now and didn't before and feel a bit bad for any time I caused you guys to waste chasing a red herring. Sad Yesterday I installed the 3ivx MPEG-4 decoders to play m4a (from Itune) in WMP - I don't know maybe that made the difference. The only vob that comes up with the "can't find codec error" now is the (50MB) VTS_11_1.VOB (while that doesn't seem to stop VideoCharge adding and at least starting ripping the audio from the DVD). Is this significant? I have put this in the Pirates_Carribean directory if you think it is worth looking at.

Cheers,
Nigel.
Re: Crash when adding DVD [message #834 is a reply to message #784 ] Mon, 06 February 2017 20:09 Go to previous message
Administrator
Hi.

As we thought this VOB is protected Sad
And we can't proceed it.

Regards,
Videocharge Team.
Previous Topic:Audio processing problems
Next Topic:How to put INVISIBLE Watermark in video
Go to Forum:

Current Time: Fri Oct 18 18:22:20 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00417 seconds