Download
Purchase
Forum
Site Map
F.A.Q.
Support
About Us
Home » VideoCharge » VideoCharge Support » Basic versus Professional
Basic versus Professional [message #529] Tue, 01 March 2016 03:13 Go to next message
sol123  is currently offline sol123
Hello there:

I have tried your software (professional) and I think its a good piece of software.

Before I purchase, would you please tell me what difference is between the Basic and the Pro one. I am looking arround, but I can not find information on Basic other than that it is a typical licence and crippled?!

My main use of the software is to compress mpeg to flash files and I need watermarking abilities and header and footer functions.

There is almost 30 dollars difference between the two and my budget is very limitted. So, I dont wanna spend more if I can avoid it.

Please give me an understandable description of the difference between the two. I will really appreciate it.

Also,when when I use a watermark (image logo) with a black background and set black as transparent color, I still get like black lines or black dirt (dots) around the margin of logo. I used many different logos and all have the same problem. Can you please elaborate on that? I am sure the logo is fine cause it works fine with a similar product I am also trying.

Thanks
sol

[Updated on: Fri, 02 March 2007 03:51]

Re: Basic versus Professional [message #530 is a reply to message #529 ] Tue, 01 March 2016 16:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Videocharge Support  is currently offline Videocharge Support
sol123 wrote on Thu, 01 March 2007 22:13

Before I purchase, would you please tell me what difference is between the Basic and the Pro one. I am looking arround, but I can not find information on Basic other than that it is a typical licence and crippled?!
My main use of the software is to compress mpeg to flash files and I need watermarking abilities and header and footer functions.
There is almost 30 dollars difference between the two and my budget is very limitted. So, I dont wanna spend more if I can avoid it.
Please give me an understandable description of the difference between the two. I will really appreciate it.

VideoCharge Basic is the simplest version of all, however all basic necessary functions are included.
VideoCharge Pro includes a number of advanced features (not available in Basic), such as FTP client, command line support, ability to process whole folders, ability to add Header/Footer video and supports QuickTime Video (*.qt, *.mov), RealMedia (*.rm), MPEG-4 (*.mp4), Flash Video (*.flv) and SWF (*.swf) formats.

Table.html is attached, it represents a brief reminder of VideoCharge's different versions and their features.

sol123 wrote on Thu, 01 March 2007 22:13

Also,when when I use a watermark (image logo) with a black background and set black as transparent color, I still get like black lines or black dirt (dots) around the margin of logo. I used many different logos and all have the same problem. Can you please elaborate on that? I am sure the logo is fine cause it works fine with a similar product I am also trying.

Most likely that the black lines or dots are not "black" indeed. That is they look like black, but their real color is, for example, "080808" rather than "000000".

• Attachment: table.html
    (Size: 5.58KB, Downloaded 2135 time(s))

[Updated on: Fri, 02 March 2007 16:48]

Re: Basic versus Professional [message #531 is a reply to message #530 ] Wed, 02 March 2016 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi:

Thanks For the reply. The first part of your answer is quite clear and I appreciate your prompt answer on that.

As for the image issue. I was sure that my background is completely black (000000), yet again, I made a simple jpg that has a plain black background and put some white font on it. The result is still the same. Black lines appear around the white font.

Attached is the jpg file. Please try it yourself and let me know. May be there is a bug or something.

Or, please provide me with a simple file like mine and I ll try it at my end.

The pro software has all that I need. But this logo thing needs to work for me.

Thanks

• Attachment: illus2.jpg
    (Size: 2.80KB, Downloaded 2170 time(s))

[Updated on: Sat, 03 March 2007 11:29]

Re: Basic versus Professional [message #532 is a reply to message #531 ] Wed, 02 March 2016 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Videocharge Support  is currently offline Videocharge Support
And nevertheless your background is not completely black Wink
If you have Adobe Photoshop installed on your PC, you may try to do the following actions:
1. Open your .jpg file with it
2. Set foreground color = 000000
3. Go to 'Select' menu and choose 'Color Range' there.
4. Apply settings

Select: Sampled Colors (000000)
Fuzziness: 0

and click OK. Around the letters on image you'll see a few clouds of pixels that have color 010101.

We've filled that pixels with 000000 and converted file to similiar .bmp. It's attached, you may try it and make sure that it works Smile

• Attachment: illus2.bmp
    (Size: 14.63KB, Downloaded 2221 time(s))

[Updated on: Sat, 03 March 2007 15:42]

Re: Basic versus Professional [message #533 is a reply to message #529 ] Thu, 03 March 2016 10:59 Go to previous message
And,

You are absolutely right on that. Wink

Sample you provided works without any problems as such.

I just need to work it out with illustrator. I dont have Adobe photoshop unfortunately. I am sure illustrator CS can help me do something like yours.

Thanks for the reply. You guys are awsome and quick.
Previous Topic:it doesnt want to run the process
Next Topic:install error and program crashing on start
Go to Forum:

Current Time: Fri Oct 25 05:19:14 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00968 seconds
.:: Contact :: Main site ::.