Home
Download
Purchase
Forum
Site Map
F.A.Q.
Support
About Us
Home » VideoCharge » VideoCharge Support » VC 3.9 not able to split .movs without recompression?!
VC 3.9 not able to split .movs without recompression?! [message #643] Sat, 02 July 2016 00:15 Go to next message
Jim_Gunn  is currently offline Jim_Gunn
I tried the latest trial version of VC 3.9 on multiple WIN XP pcs and with all kinds of different file and frame size quicktime videos, but I was not able to split .mov files without recompression to make say, four 10 minute vid clips out of one 40 minute video.

I also do not know of any other app that can auto-split quicktime movies. Are you guys sure that this is actually possible? I see some other threads here in the forum asking about the same thing, so I am thinking that due to the Quicktime codec that splitting without recompression simply won't work. Can anyone verify that this will actually work in VC 3.9?
Re: VC 3.9 not able to split .movs without recompression?! [message #644 is a reply to message #643 ] Sat, 02 July 2016 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Videocharge Support  is currently offline Videocharge Support
It is quite possible to split QuickTime files without recompression. What namely happens when you try to split them? Does the program crash or do something else?
Please reinstall QuickTime Player and try again. If reinstallation won't help, please write about the problem to support@videocharge.com

[Updated on: Tue, 03 July 2007 11:29]

Re: VC 3.9 not able to split .movs without recompression?! [message #645 is a reply to message #644 ] Sat, 02 July 2016 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Videocharge Support wrote on Tue, 03 July 2007 07:27

It is quite possible to split QuickTime files without recompression. What namely happens when you try to split them? Does the program crash or do something else?
Please reinstall QuickTime Player and try again. If reinstallation won't help, please write about the problem to support@videocharge.com

I tried on three different Win XP machines with fresh re-installations of Quicktime 7.15 and also one Win XP machine with Quicktime 6.52 just as a control. The trial version of VC 3.9.0.3 attempts to multiply/split the Quicktime files but it either crashes outright or it starts the split an then stops saying it has encountered an error. In the latter case, VC tries to create a copy of the filename with the suffix "_copy" in the destination folder, which is not a playable movie.

I have tried this with various Quicktime files I that encoded and also with Quicktime files that I downloaded from the web- comprised of all different bitrates and also different frame sizes (480x270 or 1280 x 720 for example) on all my Win XP computers.

Has anyone at VC actually tried to split Quicktime files without recompression to make sure that it actually works? (I know it is enabled in the options, but that is not the same thing as actually working!) I have now tried on a total of five Windows computers and it will not work anywhere. Is this because I am using the trial version?

I spend hundreds and sometimes thousands of dollars on software every year for video editing and I would gladly register VC if it will actually work because I desperately need the ability to auto-split hundreds of Quicktime files without recompression!

Jim
Re: VC 3.9 not able to split .movs without recompression?! [message #646 is a reply to message #645 ] Sun, 03 July 2016 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you very much for the information! We'll examine the problem and try to resolve it ASAP.
Re: VC 3.9 not able to split .movs without recompression?! [message #650 is a reply to message #646 ] Fri, 08 July 2016 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The issue has been fixed in version 3.9.0.05 that is currently available at http://www.videocharge.com/Products/vc/download_all.php

[Updated on: Mon, 09 July 2007 14:41]

Re: VC 3.9 not able to split .movs without recompression?! [message #652 is a reply to message #650 ] Sun, 10 July 2016 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was pleased to read that this issue may have been quickly solved, but I when uninstalled 3.9.0.4 and downloaded and installed version 3.9.0.5 of VideoCharge (trial version), the update did NOT in fact solve the issue that I can see. Quicktime files of every type that I try to multiply->split-> equal parts (without recompression) on five different Win XP computers returns an error. When trying to split a file in two for example, the app attempts to create a split file (one of the two)that ends in "___copy.mov" and gives an error. "Could't (sic) create MOV file ___copy.mov"

I tried to split many files I encoded and also some Quicktime files I found online.

Here is a test that you can confirm independantly: Download and try to split the approx. 67 Mb Quicktime video of the Apple iphone keyboard avail. on this URL.
http://www.apple.com/iphone/usingiphone/keyboard.html.

I can't get it to split in two successfully (without recompression) on any of my five Win XP pcs. Can I suggest that perhaps you try it yourself?

[Updated on: Wed, 11 July 2007 07:26]

Re: VC 3.9 not able to split .movs without recompression?! [message #654 is a reply to message #652 ] Sun, 10 July 2016 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for informing us of the problem once again! We are examining it now.
Re: VC 3.9 not able to split .movs without recompression?! [message #657 is a reply to message #654 ] Mon, 11 July 2016 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We have examined the file you sent us and tried to fix the issue. However we have been confronted with a series of technical problems. Unfortunately we'll not be able to add support of QuickTime H.264 format quickly, although we keep on working in this direction.
Re: VC 3.9 not able to split .movs without recompression?! [message #660 is a reply to message #657 ] Mon, 11 July 2016 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Videocharge Support wrote on Thu, 12 July 2007 12:48

We have examined the file you sent us and tried to fix the issue. However we have been confronted with a series of technical problems. Unfortunately we'll not be able to add support of QuickTime H.264 format quickly, although we keep on working in this direction.

Just to be clear, that particular file was just one example. I also tried to split Quicktime files that were encoded using several different Quicktime codecs other than H.264, for example, files that I encoded personally using the Sorenson 3 video & audio codecs, and those would not split either. Seems like an issue for all Quicktime files. If you can fix this problem eventually, you'll have a customer for life.
Re: VC 3.9 not able to split .movs without recompression?! [message #662 is a reply to message #660 ] Tue, 12 July 2016 10:53 Go to previous message
We would be happy to investigate the problem, but we need to examine all other files you wrote about. Could you please upload the files encoded with different codecs that you can split to our server or provide us with a link where we can download them?
Thank you in advance!
Previous Topic:What codec and profile to use for making WMV clips
Next Topic:can't open any mpg files
Go to Forum:

Current Time: Sat Oct 26 10:17:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00498 seconds
.:: Contact :: Main site ::.